Aquaponics is a very commercially effective way to grow fresh herbs, vegetables & fish.
For example the unit on the right is ideal if you want to try aquaponics on a larger scale
- For example for a small restaurant or hotel, or maybe a school
- You could be harvesting 10 fish every 6 weeks and up to 7kg of biomass.
- Includes everything necessary to setup the system including the clay pebbles.
- Full build instructions and operation guide
What is aquaponics / how does it work?
Aquaponics is very similar to hydroponics – where you grow your plants only using water.
However the key difference is that the water will contain fish – so you only have to feed the fish and their excrement will nourish the plants.
The advantages of using aquaponics to grow plants are
Same advantages as hydroponics – i.e.
- no soil required,
- easier to grow & manage plants, etc.
However, in addition:
- Aquaponics can be cheaper to operate as fish feed is often cheaper than the nutrients added to the water in an hydroponic system
- Once well established (after about 6 months) it can produce even faster growth and better yields than hydroponics.
- Easier to get fully organic plants.
- The fish can be very appealing to households (with big or little children)
Why this type of restaurant aquaponics kit ?
The larger size provides twice the growing area and more than twice the fish tank volume of the home aquaponics kit, creating an even more stable environment. Under optimum management you could be harvesting 10 fish every 6 weeks and up to 7kg of biomass.
The package includes everything necessary to setup the system including the clay pebbles. Full build instructions and operation guide are included. The FishPlant units operate on a flood and drain system with an autosiphon which provides efficient, low maintenance operation.
- Raise fish and grow plants in the environmentally-friendly FishPlant enclosed ecosystem to eat or enjoy, the choice is yours
- An ecologically-friendly method of producing nourishing, healthy food which is also educational and fun for the whole family
- New & exclusive to Amazon; the innovative FishPlant ‘Total Care’ systems are a single purchase package containing everything you need
- Supplies a large family with a constant supply of salad/herbs and regular fresh fish, ideal for small hotels, restaurants and schools
- FishPlant was created by experts from leading universities and horticultural companies and designed for everyone
Best aquaponic vegetables or herbs ?
For more details have a look at best plants for aquaponics guide
Best aquapinic fish ?
It holds upto 8 kg of fish you would be able to supply your restaurant wish fresh, home grown Tilapia, Carp, Perch and even Trout.
For full details visit Amazon.