Home aquaponics kit
If you want to grow herbs & vegetables at home than an home aquaponics system – like The FishPlant Family Unit is a great way to get start.
The package includes :
- Everything necessary to setup the system including the clay pebbles.
- Full build instructions and operation guide.
Because of the compact design the fish tank and grow bed can be manoeuvred through normal doorways.
The FishPlant units operate on a flood and drain system with an autosiphon which provides efficient, low maintenance operation.
How does it work / what is aquaponics ?
Aquaponics is very similar to hydroponics – where you grow your plants only using water.
However the key difference is that the water will contain fish – so you only have to feed the fish and their excrement will nourish the plants.
The advantages of using aquaponics to grow plants are
Same advantages as hydroponics – i.e.
- no soil required,
- easier to grow & manage plants, etc.
However, in addition:
- Aquaponics can be cheaper to operate as fish feed is often cheaper than the nutrients added to the water in an hydroponic system
- Once well established (after about 6 months) it can produce even faster growth and better yields than hydroponics.
- Easier to get fully organic plants.
- The fish can be very appealing to households (with big or little children)
Why is this aquaponics kit ideal for gardens ?
It will generate enough fresh vegetables, herbs and salads to provide a couple (or small family) throughout the year. (as well as being able to stock 3.5 kg of fish)
The advantage is that it is small enough to fit into a small garden, a balcony, greenhouse or even indoors.
- Raise fish and grow plants in the environmentally-friendly FishPlant enclosed ecosystem to eat or enjoy, the choice is yours
- An ecologically-friendly method of producing nourishing, healthy food which is also educational and fun for the whole family
- New & exclusive to Amazon; the innovative FishPlant ‘Total Care’ systems are a single purchase package containing everything you need
- Provides a small family with plenty of fresh salad, stocks up to 3.5kg of fish & can fit into a small garden, greenhouse or indoors
- FishPlant was created by experts from leading universities and horticultural companies and designed for everyone
Best aquaponic vegetables or herbs ?
For more details have a look at the best plants for aquaponics guide
Best aquaponic fish ?
- If you want to ‘farm’ to eat then you can include fish like Tilapia, Carp, Perch and even Trout.
- If you prefer them for decoration (or maybe a small ‘commercial side line’) try fish like Koi Carp or Goldfish.
For full details visit Amazon.