As well as tasting great Rosemary & Mint can also be good for you.
Different herbs can have an impact on your health, your mood as well as your memory.
For example some herbs are great for relaxing before going to bed, whereas other can help your digestive system, blood health, etc.
Rosemary & Mint are great for memory & alertness
According to a study by Northumbria University
- Peppermint enhanced and aroused both mood and cognition, helping to improve long term memory, working memory and alertness,
- And those in a rosemary scented room displayed significantly enhanced prospective memory.
How to make Rosemary Mint Tea
The recipe below will show you step by step how to make rosemary mint tea.
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 240ml boiling water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Cafetiere or Tea Pot
- Strainer (optional)
If you want to make rosemary mint tea then:
- Remove the Mint Leaves from the plant
- Roughen the leaves a bit – by clapping or gently rubbing them in your hands
- Put leaves in the bottom of the cafetiere
- Add the rosemary sprig – with the leaves still attached.
- Add boiling water and stir
- Leave to flavour for 3 – 5 minutes
- Gently push the cafetiere down and pour into tea cup or mug
To make rosemary mint tea with honey or maple syrup
Or to sweeten the mint tea add some honey or maple syrup.
The 1 Month Vegan Challenge
Just try the easy meal plan for 1 month
- And notice a difference.
- Designed to help you feel great, boost energy and eat a healthy diet
- Very, very easy to follow
- With recipes like Sweet & sour tofu, Blueberry oatmeal waffles, and falafel wrap (pictured)
- Full details on the 1 month challenge site
Rosemary Mint Tea
- Cafetiere or tea pot
- Sieve or strainer (optional)
- 1 handful Fresh mint leaves
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 240 ml Boiling water
- 2 tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup (Optional)
- Prepare ingredients– Remove mint leaves from plant– Roughen the leaves a bit – by clapping or gently rubbing them in your hands– Remove the rosemary sprig from the plant
- Add ingredients to cafetiere– Put the leaves and whole rosemary sprig in the bottom of the cafetiere– Add the boiling water– Leave to flavour for 3 – 5 minutes– Stir in the honey or maple syrup if you would like more sweetness
- Finalise the rosemary mint tea– Gently push the cafetiere down and pour into tea cup or mug
Made this recipe ?
Would be great if you could click on a star above right (below the main picture) to rate it
How to grow your own Rosemary Mint Tea ingredients
When you are cooking fresh herbs tend to make a real difference to the results. Herbs are really easy to grow at home and many of them grow really fast.
Hopefully the guide to how to make rosemary mint tea might inspire you to grow your own fresh mint and rosemary at home.
To grow your own mint
It’s not very difficult to grow your own mint at home – even indoors (in your kitchen, spare bedroom, garage, etc. All you will need are seeds, growing system and some growing lights.
To grow your own rosemary
Similarly growing rosemary at home is very easy – and will give you great tasting fresh herbs.
There is detailed description on how to grow your own herbs at home in the – indoor herb growing system