When made with fresh oregano the fresh oregano chicken will taste so much better compared to using dried oregano.
It’s easy to make and ideal when:
- You need a quick & easy meal
- Using the oven and few tools
- Ideal with roast potatoes & veg.
Fresh oregano is very easy to grow at home. If you’ve never tried the fresh herb before you will be pleasantly surprised by the extra flavour.
How to make Fresh oregano chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs oregano
- 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Pick the oregano, remove the leaves from the stem and chop into small pieces
- Peel the garlic and chop into small pieces (or use a garlic crusher)
- Squeeze the lemon to extract the juice
- Mix all the ingredients, including paprika, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Flatten the chicken breasts (using a rolling pin or your hands) until 15 to 20 cm at the thickest part.
- Line the baking tray with foil and put the chicken breasts on top.
- Cover the chicken with olive oil and rub in the seasoning mixture.
- (First one side and then flip over and do the other side)
- Put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until completely cooked
How to use the fresh oregano chicken
Great served with roasted potatoes. vegetables and/or appelmoes (Dutch applesauce), as in the picture.
Time for a keto bread or muffin?
Like the luxurious loaf pictured
Keto breads have a lovely flavour and are good for you.
Instantly downloaded the recipes are easy to follow, completely grain free and low in carbs.
- Enjoy Your Favourite Breads & muffins
- Without Worrying about Your Health, Your Blood Sugar… or Your Waistline!
- Very, very easy to follow recipes
- For detailed description – visit the Keto bread & muffin site
Fresh oregano chicken
- 1 Oven
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 Chef Knife
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 4 sprigs Oregano
- 1 Lemon
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 0.5 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Get ready to cook:– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C– Pick the oregano, remove the leaves from the stem and chop into small pieces– Peel the garlic and chop into small pieces (or use a garlic crusher)– Squeeze the lemon to extract the juice
- Prepare the ingredients– Mix all the ingredients, including paprika, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Prepare the chicken– Flatten the chicken breasts (using a rolling pin or your hands) until 15 to 20 cm at the thickest part.– Line the baking tray with foil and put the chicken breasts on top.– Cover the chicken with olive oil and rub in the seasoning mixture. (First one side and then flip over and do the other side)– Put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until completely cooked
Made this recipe ?
Would be great if you could click on a star above right (below the main picture) to rate it
Hopefully the guide to how to make fresh oregano chicken might inspire you to grow your own fresh oregano at home.
When you are cooking fresh herbs tend to make a real difference to the results. Herbs are really easy to grow at home and many of them grow really fast.
To grow your own oregano
It’s not very difficult to grow your own at home – even indoors (in your kitchen, spare bedroom, garage, etc. All you will need are seeds, growing system and some growing lights. There is detailed description of the – indoor herb growing system