Fresh oregano chicken
When made with fresh oregano the fresh oregano chicken will taste so much better compared to using dried oregano.
It’s easy to make and ideal when:
- You need a quick & easy meal
- Using the oven and few tools
- Ideal with roast potatoes & veg.
Fresh oregano is very easy to grow at home. If you’ve never tried the fresh herb before you will be pleasantly surprised by the extra flavour.
How to make Fresh oregano chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs oregano
- 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Pick the oregano, remove the leaves from the stem and chop into small pieces
- Peel the garlic and chop into small pieces (or use a garlic crusher)
- Squeeze the lemon to extract the juice
- Mix all the ingredients, including paprika, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Flatten the chicken breasts (using a rolling pin or your hands) until 15 to 20 cm at the thickest part.
- Line the baking tray with foil and put the chicken breasts on top.
- Cover the chicken with olive oil and rub in the seasoning mixture.
- (First one side and then flip over and do the other side)
- Put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until completely cooked
How to use the fresh oregano chicken
Great served with roasted potatoes. vegetables and/or appelmoes (Dutch applesauce), as in the picture.
New – The plant based cookbook
Find out how to cook over 100 delicious vegan meals.
- Such as sweet potato curry, Burrito Bowls, Roasted chickpea wrap, Protein Fudge bars…
- Instantly downloaded full of cooking tricks, Nutritional Tips and step by step advice.
- Makes vegan meals really easy to cook
- With all the health benefits and lovely modern meals.
- Full details on the Vegan Cookbook site
Fresh oregano chicken
- 1 Oven
- 1 Baking tray
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 4 sprigs Oregano
- 1 Lemon
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 0.5 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Get ready to cook:– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C– Pick the oregano, remove the leaves from the stem and chop into small pieces– Peel the garlic and chop into small pieces (or use a garlic crusher)– Squeeze the lemon to extract the juice
- Prepare the ingredients– Mix all the ingredients, including paprika, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Prepare the chicken– Flatten the chicken breasts (using a rolling pin or your hands) until 15 to 20 cm at the thickest part.– Line the baking tray with foil and put the chicken breasts on top.– Cover the chicken with olive oil and rub in the seasoning mixture. (First one side and then flip over and do the other side)– Put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until completely cooked
Easy way to grow oregano at home
Hopefully the guide to how to make fresh oregano chicken might inspire you to grow your own fresh oregano at home.
When you are cooking fresh herbs tend to make a real difference to the results. Herbs are really easy to grow at home and many of them grow really fast.
To grow your own oregano
It’s not very difficult to grow your own at home – even indoors (in your kitchen, spare bedroom, garage, etc. All you will need are seeds, growing system and some growing lights. There is detailed description of the – indoor herb growing system
Fresh oregano chicken — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>