Stir-Fry with Lemon Basil
Lemon basil is the ideal herb to grow if you like cooking South Asian or North East African Dishes.
For example Indonesian, Philippine or Arabic…
The unique flavour of lemon basil is a must and it is great when used in stir-fry dishes, as it adds an instant unique flavour.
In addition a key benefit is that it can be used in many different ways – for example eaten raw with a salad, used to season many cooked dishes or even used in sweet desserts.
Stir-Fry with Lemon Basil Recipe
This is a very ‘quick & easy ‘ recipe without to many ingredients.
To make stir-fry with lemon you will need the following
- 300 g Chicken Breast (2 breasts)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Basil leaves
- 5 Bird’s eye chilli peppers – deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1.5 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Chef’s knife
- Mixing bowl
- Cut the peppers length-ways, remove the seeds and then cut diagonally into smaller pieces (Make sure you wear gloves)
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite size peaces
- Remove the lemon basil leaves from the stems and cut into small pieces
- Combine the fish sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl
- Heat oil in a wok and add the chicken pieces – until they lose their raw colour
- Then add the peppers and garlic and cook for 2 minutes
- Pour in the sauce and cook until it starts turning thick and gooey
- Finally add in the Lemon Basil and slowly stir until it starts to wilt (about 10 seconds)
Serve with rice.
It is great with white rice or (as the picture below shows) you can add the stir-fry with lemon basil with Nasi Goreng (Indonesian rice), which is great blended with Ketchap Manis and Sate.
Fresh ingredients make all the difference
And very easy to grow at home
The small kitchen top unit works just like a capsule coffee machine, but for plants
- Very, very fast results.
- Automated watering, light and nutrients
- Homegrown, organic, pesticide free fresh food.
- For more details visit Amazon
Stir-Fry with Lemon Basil
- Chef Knife
- Mixing bowl
- 300 g Chicken breasts (2 breasts)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Basil Leaves
- 5 Bird’s eye chilli peppers
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1.5 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Virgin olive oil
- Prepare the ingredientsCut the peppers length-ways, remove the seeds and then cut diagonally into smaller pieces (Make sure you wear gloves)Cut the chicken breasts into bite size peacesRemove the lemon basil leaves from the stems and cut into small piecesCombine the fish sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl
- Cook the ingredientsHeat oil in a wok and add the chicken pieces – until they lose their raw colourThen add the peppers and garlic and cook for 2 minutesPour in the sauce and cook until it starts turning thick and gooey
- Add the Lemon BasilFinally add in the Lemon Basil and slowly stir until it starts to wilt (about 10 seconds)
- Serve with Rice
Made this recipe ?
Would be great if you could click on a star above right (below the main picture) to rate it
Hopefully the stir-fry with lemon basil recipe might inspire you to grow your own fresh basil at home.
When you are cooking fresh herbs tend to make a real difference to the results. Herbs are really easy to grow at home and many of them grow really fast.
To grow your own basil
Basil is very easy to grow your own at home in your kitchen, dining room, etc. For the best & fastest results all you will need are seeds, growing system and some growing lights. There is detailed description of the – indoor herb garden system
Stir-Fry with Lemon Basil — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>