- Ideal for sauces and italian recipes
- Very nice flavour..
- Ideal for sauces, italian recipes and salads
- Easy to grow
- Takes about 2 to 3 months to grow
The Roma tomato is the ideal tomato. It is in a completely different league from the regular tomatoes sold in shops
- Either outside in the summer – Balcony, patio or vegetable garden in sunshine.
- Or Indoors at anytime of the year – Corner of any room using hydroponics and growing lamp.
- Days from seed to harvest – about 75 to 80 (2 to 3 months)
- About 150 cm high
Example Roma Tomato Recipes
2 Ways to grow Roma tomato at home
This tomato is the ultimate mid season Tomato. It has a perfect flavour, perfect pear shaped 3″ fruits, all beautifully red.
Plants grow on vigorous determinate vines producing a heavy mid-season crop. Fusarium and Verticilium resistant.
If planting outside grow on under cooler conditions and when about 8 inches tall,
- Either plant in their growing position in the greenhouse
Or gradually acclimatise them to outdoor conditions
- And then plant out 18 inches apart in a warm and sunny spot in moist, fertile well drained soil and keep watered.
- Or you can grow them indoors all year round using hydroponics & specialised lights.