- Ideal for chicken and fish dishes..
- Easy to grow
- Takes about 2 to 3 months to grow
- Originally from the Mediterranean region.
- Very subtle thyme and citrus flavour.
- Ideal for chicken and fish recipes.
- Days from seed to harvest – about 70 to 90 (2 to 3 months)
- About 30 to 40 cm high
Example Lemon Thyme recipes
How to grow lemon thyme from seed
The plants are ideal for lovers of food
Thyme tends to be best suited to well drained soil and full sun.
Which is why it’s ideal for growing either using soil or hydroponics on a balacony (if it’s sunny) or using a kitchen hydroponic or aquaponic kit with back up lighting.
If using soil
- Sow the seeds thinly into moist warm soil
- Cover slighly – will germinate 7 to 21 days
- Thin to 30 cm between plants
Using Hydronics or Aquaponics
- Thyme is ideal for hydroponics or aquaponics
- Will take about 5 to 7 weeks before harvesting
- You can speed this up by planting cutting
More details for typical seeds
- BLOOM TIME: Mid Summer . . . HARVEST: 85 Days
- HARDINESS ZONE: 3 – 10 . . . COLOR: Light Purple Flowers / Evergreen Leaves
- PLANT HEIGHT: 6 – 12″ . . . PLANT SPACING: 18 – 24″
- LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun . . . SOIL / WATER: Average – Dry
- Lemon Thyme has evergreen lemon scented & flavored foliage, and the whole plant can be used! It is a popular seasoning with an endless number of uses. The plants attract bees, butterflies, and birds.
The seeds are usually supplied in a resealable plastic zip lock bag with a label featuring a picture of the flower, planting instructions, and plant specifications such as height, spacing, and light requirements for easy planting. If stored properly, seeds can last for years!
All seed packets contain 100 percent true named seeds – there are no fillers or other weeds or seeds mixed in. Most have been harvested by hand and all test at an exceptionally high germination rate. Combined free shipping applies to an unlimited number of seed packets paid for together at checkout within the required payment time of 7 days after last purchase has been made.International buyers please check with your local customs office regarding regulations and allowances on plant seeds.