When using fresh after eight mint chicken will be bursting with flavour.
A very easy recipe to make:
- The fresh after eight mint has a unique flavour
- and the peppers adds a crunchy texture.
Fresh after eight mint is often used in cold drinks or desserts (like cakes). But as the recipe below shows it can also add a great different flavour to savoury main meals
How to make fresh after eight chicken
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fresh after eight mint leaves (chopped)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp mild chilli powder
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon – optional
- 500g passata
- Large saucepan
- Prepare the ingredients
- chop the onion and pepper into small pieces
- peel and crush the garlic cloves
- chop the chicken into bitesize pieces
- Pick the mint,remove the leaves from the stem and chop into small pieces
- Fry the chicken
- add oil into a large frying pan
- fry the chicken until well cooked (no pink bits inside)
- remove from frying pan
- Fry ingredients
- add onion and pepper into the frying pan and fry until onion is soft – about 3 to 5 minutes
- add garlic and fry for another minute
- add passata, chilli powder, cumin, cinnamon and salt
- Prepare dish
- add the chicken into the frying pan and simmer for 10 minutes
- just before the end add the chopped fresh after eight mint
How to use the fresh after eight mint chicken
Great served with white rice.
Fresh mint will make a real difference
Fresh mint leaves add real flavour to many recipes, like the after eight mint chicken recipe.
You can buy Fresh Mint in many shops (for example you can Buy it on Amazon)
But it’s also very easy to grow at home.
For example the After eight mint on the right.
- Was planted from a plug plant
- Grown in a pot (to stop it taking over the garden)
- And ready to use withing 30 days.
- And will keep growing and growing
If you want to grow your own mint at home then all you need is a plug plant and a pot.
But do note the different mint types all have a unique flavour (Orange mint, Spearmint, Apple Mint, etc.).
Fresh after eight mint chicken
- 1 Large frying plan
- 1 Chef Knife
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 cup Fresh after eight mint leaves
- 1 Onion
- 1 red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper (To taste)
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon (Optional)
- 500 g Passata
- Prepare the ingredients– chop the onion and pepper into small pieces– peel and crush the garlic cloves– chop the chicken into bitesize pieces– Pick the mint,remove the leaves from the stem and chop into small pieces
- Fry the chicken– add oil into a large frying pan– fry the chicken until well cooked (no pink bits inside)– remove from frying pan
- Fry ingredients– add onion and pepper into the frying pan and fry until onion is soft (about 3 to 5 minutes)– add garlic and fry for another minute– add passata, chilli powder, cumin, cinnamon and salt
- Prepare dish– add the chicken into the frying pan and simmer for 10 minutes– just before the end add the chopped fresh after eight mint
Made this recipe ?
Would be great if you could click on a star above right (below the main picture) to rate it