Cinnamon Basil iced tea
Cinnamon basil is very easy to grow at home. So easy it’s even been grown in space on the space shuttle.
- Cinnamon basil iced tea has a lovely unique flavour
- Quick to make and will keep 2 to 3 days in a fridge
- Good for your health with anti-inflammatory benefits
How to make Cinnamon Basil Iced Tea
- 4 cups water (1 litre)
- 1 cup Cinnamon Basil
- 1 lemon or 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tea bags
- Large saucepan
- Pick the cinnamon basil and remove the leaves from the stem
- Heat the water to boiling in a sauce pan.
- At the same time chop the cinnamon basil leafs and squeeze the juice from the lemon
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cinnamon basil and lemon juice and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and add the honey and tea bags.
- Let stand for 3 minutes-and then strain using a sieve
- Let cool. (will keep in a fridge for 2 to 3 days)
How to use the cinnamon basil iced tea
Pour over ice cubed filled glass and enjoy.
New – The plant based cookbook
Find out how to cook over 100 delicious vegan meals.
- Such as sweet potato curry, Burrito Bowls, Roasted chickpea wrap, Protein Fudge bars…
- Instantly downloaded full of cooking tricks, Nutritional Tips and step by step advice.
- Makes vegan meals really easy to cook
- With all the health benefits and lovely modern meals.
- Full details on the Vegan Cookbook site
Cinnamon basil iced tea
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 litre Cold Water (4 cups)
- 1 cup Cinnamon Basil
- 1 whole Lemon Or 1 table spoon lemon zest
- 2 tsp Honey
- 2 Tea bags
- Prepare ingredients– Pick the cinnamon basil and remove the leaves from the stem– Chop the basil into smaller parts– Squeeze the juice from the lemon– Heat the water in sauce pan to boiling
- Prepare the core drink– Reduce sauce pan heat to low– Add cinnamon basil leaves and lemon juice– Simmer for 3 minutes
- Make the cinnamon basil tea– Switch off the heat– Add tea bags and honey– Let stand for 3 minutes– Pour through sieve into container
- Prepare cinnamon basil iced tea– Let stand to chill (ideally in a fridge– Pour over ice cube filled glass and enjoy
Easy way to grow cinnamon basil at home
Hopefully the guide to how to make cinnamon basil iced tea might inspire you to grow your own fresh basil at home.
When you are cooking fresh herbs tend to make a real difference to the results. Herbs are really easy to grow at home and many of them grow really fast.
There are lots of different basil types, each with it’s own flavour.
To grow your own cinnamon basil
It’s not very difficult to grow your own at home – even indoors (in your kitchen, spare bedroom, garage, etc. All you will need are seeds, growing system and some growing lights. There is detailed description of the – indoor herb growing system