Cinnamon basil is very easy to grow at home. So easy it’s even been grown in space on the space shuttle.
- Cinnamon basil iced tea has a lovely unique flavour
- Quick to make and will keep 2 to 3 days in a fridge
- Good for your health with anti-inflammatory benefits
How to make Cinnamon Basil Iced Tea
- 4 cups water (1 litre)
- 1 cup Cinnamon Basil
- 1 lemon or 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tea bags
- Large saucepan
- Pick the cinnamon basil and remove the leaves from the stem
- Heat the water to boiling in a sauce pan.
- At the same time chop the cinnamon basil leafs and squeeze the juice from the lemon
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cinnamon basil and lemon juice and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and add the honey and tea bags.
- Let stand for 3 minutes-and then strain using a sieve
- Let cool. (will keep in a fridge for 2 to 3 days)
How to use the cinnamon basil iced tea
Pour over ice cubed filled glass and enjoy.
2 items that make a difference
1. Fresh cinnamon basil
Cinnamon basil is very easy to grow at home.
When you are cooking fresh herbs tend to make a real difference to the results.
Herbs are really easy to grow at home and many of them grow really fast.
For step by step advice have a look at ‘how to grow basil indoors’
2. A drinks dispenser
When serving iced tea I’ve found a drinks dispenser with a tap very useful.
Drinks dispensers come in different sizes and shapes.
For example the one on the right is 3.5 Litres and contains a steel tap which makes serving drinks very easy.
4 key advantages of using a drinks dispenser
For more details have a look at the drinks dispenser with tap
Cinnamon basil iced tea
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Chef Knife
- 1 litre Water (4 cups)
- 1 cup Cinnamon Basil
- 1 whole Lemon Or 1 table spoon lemon zest
- 2 tsp Honey
- 2 Tea bags
- Prepare ingredients– Pick the cinnamon basil and remove the leaves from the stem– Chop the basil into smaller parts– Squeeze the juice from the lemon– Heat the water in sauce pan to boiling
- Prepare the core drink– Reduce sauce pan heat to low– Add cinnamon basil leaves and lemon juice– Simmer for 3 minutes
- Make the cinnamon basil tea– Switch off the heat– Add tea bags and honey– Let stand for 3 minutes– Pour through sieve into container
- Prepare cinnamon basil iced tea– Let stand to chill (ideally in a fridge– Pour over ice cube filled glass and enjoy
Made this recipe ?
Would be great if you could click on a star above right (below the main picture) to rate it
Easy way to grow cinnamon basil at home
Hopefully the guide to how to make cinnamon basil iced tea might inspire you to grow your own fresh basil at home.
When you are cooking fresh herbs tend to make a real difference to the results. Herbs are really easy to grow at home and many of them grow really fast.
There are lots of different basil types, each with it’s own flavour.
To grow your own cinnamon basil
It’s not very difficult to grow your own at home – even indoors (in your kitchen, spare bedroom, garage, etc. All you will need are seeds, growing system and some growing lights. There is detailed description at how to grow basil indoors