11 Hole Hydroponic Kit
- Ideal first time hydroponic unit
- Easy to install and great for herbs
- More details / How to order Available from Amazon
This is the first hydroponic kit I have ever bought.
- Very easy to use & install
- Small enough to fit on a bedroom window sill
- Has everything you will need
- Great for starting with hydroponics.
Video showing how it works
The video below shows how I use it to grow Roma Tomatoes with great results.
But it did have a few small issues (see below)
I really enjoyed starting hydroponics with this unit but…
- It’s great if you want practical experience of using an hydroponic unit
- Ideal for growing small items like herbs or salad
- (But for larger plants you will need to place it on a floor)
- The instructions are not very good (see below)
- The pump is a bit noisy.
How to start plants
Step 1 – sow seeds in soil
If you are new to hydroponics (like me) then I’ve found that growing plants from seed
- Is a lot easier if you just sow the seeds in a planting tray with soil
- and then transplanting the plants when they’ve grown 4 leaves.
Could have been me, but I found that growing them (as per the instructions with the unit) in the sponge was a lot slower and for cayenne peppers simply didn’t work.
Step 2 – put them in the hydroponic unit
Then all you do is put them in the included sponge and bucket and into the hydroponic unit
I found that when transplanted into the kit the plants grew 20 to 25% faster than the same plants left growing in soil.
The pump is noisy – but as it only needs to be on 8 hours a day, it’s on a timer.
(And is only on during the day when I don’t use the bedroom)
This is a basic unit without lights. That is ok if (like me) you can place it on a window sill in the sunshine.
But a far easier option is to have a look at also using one of the grow lights in our shop.
More details – 11 Hole Hydroponic Kit
For the full technical specifications visit Amazon
11 Hole Hydroponic Kit — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>