- Used mainly for salads and sandwiches
- Easy to grow using our indoor herb garden system
- Takes about 2 months to grow
- Seeds available online – where to buy romaine lettuce seeds
A great lettuce to grow for salads and sandwiches .
With a good sweet flavour and a crisp tender texture it is very popular as a baby leaf variety when harvested young around 35 days making a great colourful addition to salads.
How to grow romaine lettuce
A great blend of the 3 main romaine varieties giving a coulourful mix of leaves on upright ten to twelve inch plants, with a good sweet flavour and a crisp tender texture.
Tolerant to a wide range of conditions.
- 65 days from germination to full maturity.
- Days To Germination: 7-10 days.
- Days To Harvest: 65 days.
- Planting Depth: 1/8 inch.
- Spacing, Row: 12-18 inches.
- Spacing, Plant: 8-12 inches.
- Light: Sunny Location Lettuce is hardy and can be planted as soon as the soil can be worked. Can be direct seeded, 3 seeds every 8 inches in rows 8-12 inches apart, as early as the soil can be worked or grown indoors 3-4 weeks before transplanting outdoors.
- Cover seed lightly with about 1/8 inch of fine soil, and firm soil gently. Thin young seedlings to one plant per spot. Sow every 3 weeks for a continuous supply of fresh lettuce.