- The preserve jars are designed for storing ingredients at ambient temperature.
- Such as dried vegetables & peppers, pastes, etc.
- Example way it’s used is the homemade Passata recipe
- Easy to use & quality closure lids.
- More details / How to order Available from Amazon
If you have turned items like tomatoes & pepper into sauces, purees or pastes then you will need to store them.
There tend to be 2 ways to store them – at ambient temperature (using a storage jar) or frozen.
How to store items like Passata in preserve jars
The advantage is that you can store it at ambient temperature, in a dark cupboard.
To do this you will need resealable glass preserve jars (like these), which need to be sterilised.
- All you do is preheat the oven to 160 to 180°C.
- At the same time wash the jars and lids in hot soapy water.
- Then you rinse the jars but do not dry them.
- Put the jars on a baking tray and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- At the same time soak the lids in boiling water for a few minutes.
- Then take the jars from the oven and let cool on a kitchen towel
- Using the funnel fill each jar, but not to the rim – leave about 1/2 inch from the top – and put on the lid.
- Put a dish towel in a large pot and put the jars on top. (That’s to stop the danger of them getting damaged).Fill the pot with water, so that the jars are covered, and bring to the boil.
- Boil the jars for 40 minutes and then remove the jars and let cool down. If the lids are indented then the seal is perfect, if not use that jar within 14 days.
Using this method, and good quality preserve jars is great for:
- Preparing fresh purees & pastes
- Sauces & soups
- Baby food or easy to chew meal
For the latest up to date details of the preserve jars visit Amazon (see below)
6 PACK CANNING JARS – 530 ml jars perfect for canning, pickling, preserving, and fermenting fruits and veggies that can be canned and sealed for up to 18 Months. Embossed measurement markings for precise filling. Label line for writing dates and identifying contents.
AIRTIGHT SEAL – Time-tested sealing compound, ensures a quality air-tight seal with each lid.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks, for freeze capacity Fill up till 12 oz .
- Freeze – fresh preserve and store up to 1 year; lid and bands allows you to test with dull sounds for best seal.
FOOD PRESENTATION AND DIY – Create and serve beverage drinks, cocktails, smoothies, parfaits, desserts, salads, and overnight oats. DIY – Decor and craft with a vintage style jar for parties and displayed centerpieces, or as a unique gift. Spruce up decor arrangements with acrylic paint, flowers, etc.
BALL MASON JARS – Ball has been around since the early 1900’s and is the most recognized name in home canning, representing everything you could want in a Mason jar with old-school American-made sturdy glass, supporting USA jobs!