- Designed to remove moisture from food to aid in its preservation.
- Example way it’s used How to make dried Roma tomatoes
- Suitable for commercial and domestic use.
- More details / How to order Available on Amazon
If you have surplus fruit & vegetables than a food dehydrator is a great way to prevent any wastage.
- Simply slice your fruit, vegetables, etc
- Then lay the slices out on the six shelves the dehydrator has to offer,
- Set your time and temperature and let the machine do its thing
How does it work, what is dehydration?
Food dehydration is a way to remove moisture from food to aid in its preservation.
Food drying is a method of preserving fruit, vegetables and even meats that has been practiced since antiquity.
If you look at recipes like the oven dried Roma tomatoes you will see that one way to dry items is to use an oven. This works great for easy ones like tomatoes, but for example drying peppers (like cayenne peppers) will need to be in the oven for up to 8 hours.
Using a specialised food dehydrator is not only much more energy effecient (& cheaper to run) but will also get you better results.
The right temperature is very important
The right temperature & air flow will make a big difference to your food hydration. If the temperature is to high this can result in hardened foods – which might result in them spoiling, on the inside.
This food dehydrator
Has been designed to
- Make healthy snack alternatives like kale and beetroot crisps
- You can preserve foods fresh qualities and extend the shelf life, you will end up wasting less food
- It has plenty of space to dehydrate food in batches with 6 shelves
- Dehydrating food locks in nutritional values and intensifies flavours
- In addition the manual also contains handy recipe for tasty treats with fewer calories, like nutty cookies
This food dehydrator is suitable for commercial and domestic use.
Using a food dehydrator couldn’t be easier.
Firstly, you’ll need to prep your ingredients. Then lay the slices out on the six shelves the dehydrator has to offer. The shelves are nice and square for you to make the most out of the space. Set your time and temperature and let the machine do its thing.
To help you get started the manual includes both timing tips as well as recipes. In addition the dehydrator also has a handy 48 hour timer, which is great as some foods such as grapes can take up to 36 hours to dehydrate. And the temperature can be set between 35 degrees – 70degrees C to suit a variety of foods.
If you can’t resist taking a peak before the foods ready, you can easily do that with this dehydrator, the front is completely transparent and the door has a shutter design, so you can easily check up on specific trays without disturbing or dismantling the rest of the unit.
For full details visit Amazon.