- The chef’s favourite, ideal for Mediterranean recipes.
- Quite tall – but easy to grow using our pepper & tomato growing system
- Takes about 2 to 3 months to grow
- Seeds available online – Full details on Amazon
When you grow rosemary then it is claimed that Tuscan Blue Rosemary is the chef’s favourite.
- Originally from the Mediterranean region
- Extremely aromatic.
- Ideal for Meat, Fish & Potato recipes.
- Days from seed to harvest – about 60 to 80 (2 to 3 months)
- About 120 to 180 cm high
How to use Tuscan Blue Rosemary
Each rosemary type has different flavour – the key is to select a variety that will suit you.
For example it is claimed that
- Sudbury Blue & Severn Sea – Has traditional flavour associated with Rosemary
- Haifa & Primley Blue – Tastes like Rosemary & Cucumber
- Lady in White & Roseus – And is Rosemary & a bit ‘hoppy’
- Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary (see video)
- Rosemary chicken with tomato sauce
- Lamb Chops with Rosemary and Garlic
How to grow tuscan blue rosemary
The rosemary plant is ideally suited for planting outside, in either a vegetable & herb garden, or in a pot on a balcony or terrace.
It will grow in poor well drained soil in a sunny position.
- Sow thinly into soil at a depth of 6mm
- Will germinate in 12 to 40 days
- Thin the seedlings or transplant leaving 38 cm between plants
Growing Rosemary the hard way..
If you use the method above (for example in a pot on a balcony or terrace) it’s quite easy.
You can also grow Rosemary using hydroponics or aquaponics. But it can be quite difficult – there is a real danger of root rot.
- Grow seeds as above (or use a tray)
- Transplant to your hydroponic or aquaponic tank
- Make sure it’s very sunny
- Carefully monitor the root system
An evergreen shrub with dark green, needle-like leaves on upright stems. It produces little, tubular, two-lipped, dark blue flowers. Blooms in Spring and Summer, from May to June.
Position in areas of full sun either South-facing or West-facing and keep sheltered. Requires acidic to alkaline, moist but well-drained or well-drained soil such as; chalk, loam or sand. Height 1.5 metres, Spread 1.5 metres Will take 5-10 years to achieve ultimate height. Sent as young plant in a 9cm pot. Please read our terms and conditions below. By purchasing you are agreeing to them.
Where to buy tuscan blue rosemary seeds