- Often used in French kitchens, ideal for slow cookers.
- Sweet and sharp
- Easy to grow using our indoor & balcony growing system
- Takes about 3 to 4 months to grow
- Seeds available online – Available from Amazon
Messidrome garlic (Also known as French Garlic) is the type of garlic very often used in French kitchens.
- Ideal location – balcony, patio or vegetable garden. (Or possibly unused spare room with extra light)
- Sweet and sharp with a regular garlic taste.
- Ideal for French recipes and especially good in slow cookers.
- Days from seed to harvest – about 90 to 120 (3 to 4 months)
- About 60 cm high
It is the type of garlic that is very often used in French kitchens, and ideal for use in slow cookers.
How to grow Messidrome garlic
The French Messidrome Garlic is very easy to grow, but (like all garlics) it does tend to smell when growing – you won’t notice it outside (terrace, balcony, etc.) but will notice it indoors.
The skins are a nice off-white with a purple blush and it produces 8-10 cloves per head.
Sweet and sharp with a regular garlic taste.
- Soil: light sandy, rich fertile
- Hardiness: hardy
- Height: 60cm (24in)
- Spread: 15cm (6in) Softneck garlic.