- Often used in French kitchens, ideal for slow cookers.
- Sweet and sharp
- Easy to grow.
- Takes about 3 to 4 months to grow
- Where to buy garlic cloves
Messidrome garlic (Also known as French Garlic) is the type of garlic very often used in French kitchens.
- Ideal location – balcony, patio or vegetable garden. (Or possibly unused spare room with extra light)
- Sweet and sharp with a regular garlic taste.
- Ideal for French recipes and especially good in slow cookers.
- Days from seed to harvest – about 90 to 120 (3 to 4 months)
- About 60 cm high
Example Messidrome garlic recipes
It is the type of garlic that is very often used in French kitchens, and ideal for use in slow cookers.
How to grow Messidrome garlic at home.
The French Messidrome Garlic is very easy to grow, but (like all garlics) it does tend to smell when growing – you won’t notice it outside (terrace, balcony, etc.) but will notice it indoors.
The skins are a nice off-white with a purple blush and it produces 8-10 cloves per head.
Sweet and sharp with a regular garlic taste.
- Soil: light sandy, rich fertile
- Hardiness: hardy
- Height: 60cm (24in)
- Spread: 15cm (6in) Softneck garlic.
Of the softneck type garlics this is the best one to grow – lovely flavour and great as an ingredient
The best garlic I have grown. great flavour, small number of good sized cloves. I plant 4 or 5 cloves in big pots/tubs in my greenhouse over winter with salad leaves on top like mizuna etc. then put them out mid spring.