- Ideal if you are new to Aquaponics..
- Will show you how it works
- And how to run an aquaponic system day by day
- Full details on Amazon
If you are completely new to Aquaponics then the aquaponic gardening book will be for you.
Very easy to read it will
- Show you how aquaponics works – and how it’s different from hydroponics
- Where to put your aquaponics system
- How to design your system & what you will need
- The type of tank & pumps to use
- How to start, which fish & which plants to use
- How to maintain your system
- Etc., etc.
There is both a hardcover & kindle version.
What is aquaponics & how does it work?
Aquaponics is very similar to hydroponics – where you grow your plants only using water.
However the key difference is that the water will contain fish – so you only have to feed the fish and their excrement will nourish the plants.
The advantages of using aquaponics to grow plants are
- no soil required,
- easier to grow & manage plants, etc.
However, in addition:
- Aquaponics can be cheaper to operate as fish feed is often cheaper than the nutrients added to the water in an hydroponic system
- Once well established (after about 6 months) it can produce even faster growth and better yields than hydroponics.
- Easier to get fully organic plants.
- The fish can be very appealing to households (with big or little children)
- Or the fish can even be grow to generate additional income
The easiest way to find out more about the aquaponic gardening book is to have a look at the introduction of the book on Amazon